onsdag 24. januar 2007

Itsudatte My Santa


Itsudatte My Santa is a short manga by Ken Akamatsu. I haven't read the manga because it's really hard to come by. The anime is really great though. The plot is a really beautifull twist of an old Christmas tragedy cliche but it's still super beautifull!
Mai, a young and inexperienced Santa-in-training offers to spend the night with Santa, a young man with a knack for bad luck. Rarely having a proper birthday celebration, and born on the 24th of December, he is usually depressed; his parents usually vacation near his birthday. However, spending the night with Mai changes his view of life and shows him what is truly important.
For some reason Akamatsu's manga's has a tendency to always make me cry at some point. This manga has really great, wide variety of comical jokes, sad person and beautifull love.
i really loved this anime and i really want to read the manga.
There is only one thing that bothers me about this anime though. It's said everywhere that there are only two episodes but episode two has a preview for episode  three. i hope i can find episode three someday. Itsudatte My Santa was a really great anime!

I'll say that if you've read Love Hina and liked it even a teensy bit definetly go for this one. you will not be disapointed!
 

1 kommentar:

Anonym sa...

if you haven't read the manga yet, here is a link to where you could, I found it while looking for the chinese or original japanese version. http://www.rootmanga.com/viewer.php?mname=Itsudatte%20My%20Santa